Mission & Vision
Rising Voices’ mission is to center relationships to interweave Indigenous and institutional approaches to Earth Sciences. In this way, we cultivate more inclusive innovative responses to extreme weather, water, and climate change impacts.
Our Vision is to see Indigenous and institutional collaborations that uplift a climate resilient and justice-forward world for all generations.
This includes envisioning collaborative research that brings together Indigenous knowledge and science with Earth sciences in a respectful and inclusive manner to achieve culturally relevant and scientifically robust climate and weather actions. In doing so, Rising Voices seeks to advance science, remove the boundaries between science and society, and create innovative partnerships among collaborators with diverse disciplinary and cultural backgrounds to support adaptive and resilient communities.
Rising Voices Ethics Guidelines
Rising Voices holds the following values:
- Removal of boundaries between science and society;
- Support of collaborators with diverse cultural, community, geographic, and educational backgrounds;
- Encouragement of diverse perspectives and acknowledgement of the inherent value in indigenous knowledge systems and indigenous science;
- Advocating for relational-based science, as opposed to extractive or transactional-based science;
- Embracing opportunities to listen, learn, and share with others across cultures and generations;
- A commitment to developing trustworthy relationships over time; and
- Collaborations that embody a respect for the diverse experiences shaped by colonial histories
To learn more, watch Introducing Rising Voices: