Mission & Vision
Rising Voices’ mission is to position Indigenous knowledge systems at the center of Earth science innovation, in response to extreme weather and climate change.
Our Vision is to see an increasingly diverse, inclusive collaboration within Earth sciences (including atmospheric, social, biological, ecological approaches) that will drive a climate-resilient world.
Rising Voices Ethics Guidelines
Rising Voices holds the following values:
- Removal of boundaries between science and society;
- Support of collaborators with diverse cultural, community, geographic, and educational backgrounds;
- Encouragement of diverse perspectives and acknowledgement of the inherent value in indigenous knowledge systems and indigenous science;
- Advocating for relational-based science, as opposed to extractive or transactional-based science;
- Embracing opportunities to listen, learn, and share with others across cultures and generations;
- A commitment to developing trustworthy relationships over time; and
- Collaborations that embody a respect for the diverse experiences shaped by colonial histories
To learn more, watch Introducing Rising Voices: