Rising Voices 6 (2018)
8:00 am – 4:00 pm MDT
Collaborative Science with Indigenous Knowledge for Climate Solutions
The 6th annual workshop of Rising Voices: Collaborative Science with Indigenous Knowledge for Climate Solutions was held in Duluth, Minnesota from 11-13 April, 2018.
The theme of the 6th Rising Voices workshop was “Rising Together: Mobilizing and Learning from Local Actions.” The theme reflects the meeting objectives which will be to:
- Review what we have learned from previous Rising Voices gatherings
- Mobilize diverse knowledge systems toward appropriate climate solutions
- Learn from local partners and actions in the Great Lakes area
Rising Voices seeks to diversify scientific research and inform culturally appropriate solutions to weather and climate extremes with a focus on Indigenous science. The sixth workshop will be an opportunity to reflect on lessons learned and best practices for collaboration between Indigenous and Western sciences gleaned from the first five years of Rising Voices. Convening in Duluth, Minnesota is also an opportunity to expand our conversations and learn from local partners in the Great Lakes Area.
For further information, please contact Heather Lazrus (email@example.com), Julie Maldonaldo (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Heather Stirratt (email@example.com)
- Reflections on Rising Voices - Bill Thomas
- Pipe Out Paddle Protest - Jannan Cornstalk
- Using Traditional Ecological Knowlege (TEK) in a Climate Change Program - Melon…
- Climate Change Adaptiation in the 1854 Ceded Territory - Tyler Kaspar and Tanse…
- Rising Voices Breakout Session, G-WOW - Cathy Techtmann
- G-WOW Project